The Department of Tourism’s Office of Product Research and Development (DOT-OPRD) with the provincial government of Camarines Norte, Power Play Events Management, MOJO Slippers and sandals are spearheading the holding of the 3rd Bagasbas Summer Surf Festival on April 9 to 11.
Bagasbas Summer Surfing Festival
The surfing event will be held at the Bagasbas Beach in Daet where students and yuppies as well as college kids on summer break are expected to gather and learn about the sport in the pristine, two-kilometer, peeble-free beach.
Surfing is one of the world’s most popular sport which is being promoted by DOT Secretary Joseph “Ace” Durano who himself is an avid sportsman.
Also supporting are the Sport Climbing Association of the Philippines, Sunken Pleasure Ultimate Frisbee Club, Progressive Volleyball Center and Power Up Climbing Gyms.
The top three winners in climbing, volleyball and frisbee will represent the country in the next Southeast Asian Games in Indonesia.
“This is also in line with the DOT’s attracting tourists in still undiscovered places all over the Philippines. It will give the locals to do promotional activities and sustain their activities the whole year round for economic activities,” said Leni I. Pajarillo, tourism operations officer of the OPRD.
At least 400 participants are expected to register for P500 for the clinic and competition, excluding other charges for individual clients.
Professional surfers from the Philippine Surf Academy will be around to teach local and foreign participants who are taking up surfing for the first time.
Surf instructors from the local surfers of Bagasbas beach which has a very good safety management are eager to help out.
Other activities such as sport climbing, beach ultimate frisbee and, beach volleyball will also be offered to the registrants.
What’s more, lifeguards and instructors who have undergone accreditation with the Australian Surfing Institute are eager to welcome surfers with plenty of surfboards, courtesy of OPRD and DOT Region 5.
Aside from that, entertainment of reggae music and ska will be offered to outdoor enthusiasts.
For help on directions on places to stay at the beach or in town, the Camarines Tourism Council could be contacted at 054-7213087 or Provincial Tourism Officer Edgardo Reyes at 09165783096.
Further details for the six-hour trip from Manila and transportation information can also be obtained by calling up Paolo at cell phone no. 091758278 or the DOT office at Kalaw Street, just beside Rizal Park.
- 2010 Baguio Panagbenga flower festival most successful A ranking official of the Baguio Flower Festival Foundation…
- ‘Treasures of the North’ to spice up Dagupan Bangus Festival A new and exciting event will spice up this…
- Cebu, Mindanao and Ilocos products available in Panagbenga Festival 2010 Trade Fair Native products from Cebu, Mindanao and Ilocos region are…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
- Health and Fitness Website Template SRC-W0003-HF designed by Sammy …
- Business Website Template SRC-W0020-BS designed by Sammy at Keep …
- Rollo & Grady :: Lollapalooza 2010 Festival – Lineup
- Big Chill Festival | Noiseporn
- Mexico?s First-quarter International Tourism Results Show …
- Pac Div – 3:16 (Video) » Here, Vimeo, Truly, Yours » HipHopSite.com
- Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet | Cheap prices
- Feds Unable And Unwilling To Secure Southern Border | Chandler's Watch
- Emily's Art News | Laguna Beach
- Emily's Art News | Dubai Tourism: Ixs
- What's the difference between div#content and just using #content …
- Haitians entering US through Canada-Vermont border « Refugee …
- Whitney Team Summits In Deep Snow « IMG Blog
- Insurance Article Depot » International Medical Group ®, Inc …
- Hidden Div elements in ASP.Net 4.0 « DOT NET RULES
- Pac Div 3:16 | Yours Truly
- Golden Tones: Sasha Pivovarova (IMG NY) exits Gianfranco Ferré …
- Elvis Festival shakes up Civic Center | Toledo Newspaper
- Coping With a Duke National Title « Tar Heel Fan